H-E-B operates over 280 pharmacies throughout Texas, employing over 800 Pharmacists while maintaining a 6:1 Technician support ratio. Joining the H-E-B Pharmacy team is an opportunity to make a difference, help people live healthier lives, and provide a level of service that extends beyond filling prescriptions.
As a Pharmacy Care Representative, you'll work in a team environment to provide superior customer service that exceeds patient expectations.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... strong team-orientation? willing to pitch in at any moment for any reason?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... understanding of how your customer service attitude affects our Pharmacy's reputation?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... drive to self-motivate, and work with little direct supervision?
We are looking for:
- experience in retail (preferred)
- strong communication skills
What is the work?
Customer Service / Patient Care:
- Provides / role-models superior customer service; works closely with Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, and Pharmacy Care Representatives (PCRs) to provide excellent patient care
- Promotes / fosters 'Greet, Ask, and Thank' and H-E-B telephone strategies; directs calls to appropriate Partner
- Receives written prescriptions from customers; obtains / verifies demographic and profile-related information; receives refill prescription numbers (by phone and at drop-off counter) and obtains profile-related information; processes written prescriptions and refill numbers into RXEVO
- Generates prescription-related paperwork; files / retrieves / maintains prescriptions in the Will-Call area
- Uses RXEVO at point of sale (POS) system; ensures procedures are followed to deliver prescriptions to correct patients (name, number of orders per bag, etc.)
- Directs customers to counseling window for Pharmacist consultation
- Obtains /returns tills from bookkeeping; processes customer transactions at register
- Maintains manual signature capture receipts; scans into RXEVO in a timely fashion
- Properly processes / clears prepaid prescriptions
- Ensures all prescription deliveries are finalized; prints RX delivery ledger daily
- Completes contact patient queue
- Files / maintains prescription hard copies
- Assists Technicians and Pharmacists to ensure complete, efficient production for the shift
- Participates in / assists with Rx screening events, flu shot scheduling, immunization scheduling, and future medication therapy management (MTM) events
- Checks in / assists customers receiving vaccines using comprehensive vaccine manager (CVM) tool or other professional services apps
- May participate in other professional services activities
- Receives OTC inventory; checks delivery for accuracy compared to invoices, contacts H-E-B warehouse or vendor if inventory is short
- Stages OTC inventory; breaks out into stocking sections, including front-of-pharmacy items (e.g., OTC, diabetic supplies)
- Complies with Return to Stock SOP to locate prescriptions via inventory management queue
- Ensures caps, vials, bags, etc., are correctly stocked
- Records fridge and freezer temperature logs
Compliance / Sanitation:
- Complies with HIPAA regulations to ensure privacy and confidentiality of personal health information (PHI)
- Complies with TSBP rules and H-E-B SOPs to ensure patient counseling is provided on applicable prescriptions
- Complies with SOP to process PSE transactions; follows manual process only if electronic system unavailable
- Complies with Central Fill check-in procedures
- Ensures department and work area (inside and outside) comply with presentation, organization, sanitation, and maintenance guidelines
- Removes trash from department; complies with trash compactor processes
What is your background?
- Minimum age 18 (mandatory)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in retail; experience in pharmacy a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Completion of all required training and certification (e.g., PCR, RXEVO, HIPAA, FWA, MethGuard, diversity, ACR, H-E-B Screener certification, Company orientation)
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Pharmacy Care Rep?
- Working knowledge of pharmacy-related tasks, H-E-B RXEVO system, register procedures, and H-E-B Pharmacy SOPs
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Mathematical skills (including calculating measurements)
- PC skills, including MS Office and H-E-B software and programs required by the job
- Cash-handling skills
- Ability to maintain composure in high-stress situations
- Ability to demonstrate strong telephone etiquette
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with little direct supervision
- Willingness to cross-train
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends
- Stand for extended periods (up to 12 hours)
- Regularly lift 30 lbs or more
- Fulfill vision requirements for the job, specifically close vision and color vision
- Maintain H-E-B Rx screener status, including required recertification