H-E-B operates over 250 pharmacies throughout Texas, employing over 800 Pharmacists while maintaining a 3:1 technician support ratio. Joining the H-E-B Pharmacy team is an opportunity to make a difference, help people live healthier lives, and provide a level of service that extends beyond filling prescriptions.
As an H-E-B Pharmacy Tech, you'll work in a team environment, helping ensure we exceed patient expectations while delivering excellent, accurate, and efficient services.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... a strong team orientation?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... ability to support the integrity of pharmacy practice within our retail environment?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... willingness / drive to pitch in at any moment, for any reason?
We are looking for:
- high school diploma or equivalent; 18 years old
- experience as a retail Certified Pharmacy Technician and pharmacy experience
- active CPhT certification
What is the work?
- Role models / provides superior customer service and service standards
- Promotes / embodies 'Greet, Ask & Thank' and H-E-B telephone strategies
- Manages exception station; solves third-party issues
- Receives / processes written prescriptions from customers using RxEVO; verifies complete patient information to input into the computer system; processes third-party prescriptions; manages adjudication review
- Coordinates Rx screening events, flu shot scheduling, immunization scheduling, and future events; may be responsible for other Professional Services activities as required
- Maintains H-E-B Rx screener status; participates in screening events
- Assists with Pharmacy operations-related tasks (e.g., responding to recalls, offsite record storage, DSD reconciliation, out-of-date / dead stock returns, department communications, and others as needed)
- Orders / manages inventory; processes invoices daily, on a timely basis
- Reviews Warehouse and DSD orders
- Checks deliveries for accuracy; notifies H-E-B / DSD vendor of discrepancies; makes necessary adjustments
- Maintains automated prescription processing equipment (e.g., Kirby Lester, ScriptPro, etc.), including calibration, maintenance, stocking, proper report execution
- Applies computer troubleshooting and prescription application overview
- Processes RxIMS reports (count compliance, no location inventory, order overrides, etc.)
- Performs other assigned duties
- Performs prescription assembly (with Kirby Lester, ScriptPro, and other tools); hand-counts controlled medications; measures liquids; reconstitutes antibiotics; verifies / labels prescriptions by 7-point check
- Ensures privacy / confidentiality of Personal Health Information (PHI) as required by HIPAA; ensures proper procedures are followed related to prescription delivery to a patient
- Ensures compliance with Central Fill check-in procedures
- Participates in / ensures Pharmacy Partner compliance with ORT, 5-S, and Pharmacy Standards Review
- Ensures proper return to stock (RTS) procedures are followed; responsible for organization / presentation of pharmacy shelves
- Participates in / supports Pharmacy Manager in facility and office maintenance and upkeep; ensures 5-S compliance
What is your background?
- At least 18 years of age (mandatory)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of pharmacy experience (preferred)
- 1+ years of experience as an active retail Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Active State of Texas registration as certified pharmacy technician (CPhT); maintain certification with 20 hours of continuing education every 2 years; recertify 60 days prior to expiration date
- Certification as an H-E-B Pharmacy Technician
- RxEVO certification
- Successful completion of all required training (e.g., H-E-B Screener certification, Advanced Cash Register (ACR), HIPAA, FWA, MethGuard, Diversity, Company orientation, applicable modules for Pharm Tech and PCR, etc.)
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Pharmacy Tech?
- Working knowledge of all pharmacy-related management tasks and H-E-B RxEVO system
- Knowledge / understanding of H-E-B Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Advanced communication skills; advanced telephone etiquette
- Intermediate computer skills, including MS Office, Windows, and H-E-B related systems / applications (e.g., RxEVO, RxIMS, PartnerNet, Workforce Manager)
- Mathematical skills, including calculating measurements
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks
- Ability to maintain composure in high-stress situations
- Ability to work with little direct supervision; self-starter
- Welcomes working in a team-oriented environment and is open to cross-training
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Work rotating shifts to meet business needs (includes nights and weekends)
- Stand for extended periods (up to 12 hours)
- Regularly lift 30 lbs or more
- Use arms / hands in repetitive motion that require hand / finger dexterity
- Meet specific vision requirements for this job, including close vision and color vision
Printed Name: _____________________________ Date: ______________
Signed Name: ______________________________ PS #: __________________