H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while making our Customers feel welcome. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Customer Service Rep--In-Store Shopper, you'll select, sort, and unload items to complete eCommerce online orders.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... commitment to work hard to make sure People come first?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... a strong sense of how what you do affects our Customers and our success?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... initiative to step up and do what needs doing?
We are looking for:
- strong customer service skills; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- effective decision-making skills
What is the work?
- Selects merchandise from sales floor to complete customer online orders
- Sorts / unloads selected merchandise into refrigeration, frozen, or dry storage holding areas
- Uses a digital tool to select items necessary to complete online orders, to pack and put away orders in staging area, and to retrieve orders for customers
- Makes decisions on customers' behalf if requested item is unavailable
- Provides superior customer service; answers product-related questions, locates products, and helps in-store Customers, as needed
- Returns extra / unwanted products to their proper in-store location
- Communicates continuously with department Managers and Partners to locate product
- Minimizes shrink through careful handling of product
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); achieves productivity standards
- Performs eStore Curbie duties, as needed
Sanitation / Stocking / Food Safety:
- Complies with federal, state, and company regulations / standards for product freshness, food safety, and sanitation
- Gathers baskets and picks up trash inside and outside eStore as needed
- Maintains / stocks bag areas
- Organizes carts / maintains cleanliness within the eStore
- Maintains standards for safety and sanitation
What is your background?
- Minimum age 16
- High school diploma, or equivalent (preferred)
- 3+ months of experience as a Curbie or related experience
- Experience in personal shopping a plus
- Completion of all required training upon hire (e.g., Alcohol Seller's Training)
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B In-Store Shopper?
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to make effective decisions on behalf of the customer with limited information
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle cross-functional tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Perform in a fast-paced work environment which requires detailed work and precision
- Work with Customers and stay attentive to their needs
- Work a flexible schedule, based on business needs
- Work in varying conditions; work while exposed to hot, wet, and/or cold conditions
- Constantly* reach at waist, grasp
- Frequently stand, walk, reach at shoulders, reach at knees, push / pull with arms
- Occasionally reach at overhead, reach at floor, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb stairs, climb ladders, pivot, twist, pinch, perform fine motor movements
- Demonstrate the ability to lift 55 lbs, and manage in excess of 55 lbs**
- Use a manual pallet jack multiple times per day
* While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as--Constantly: 5.5+ hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day
** It is Partners' responsibility to never lift beyond their own safe lifting limit. If an item is too heavy to lift, push or pull, and / or carry, the Partner must break the box down into lighter, smaller, more manageable components, or ask for assistance from another Partner or a manager.